[ofiwg] linux coding style question, or what is the libfabric interpretation of "resembles"

Patrick MacArthur pmacarth at iol.unh.edu
Tue Mar 10 14:08:57 PDT 2015

+1 the use of pre-commit hook and a similar automated check on all pull
requests

On 03/10/2015 04:51 PM, Dave Goodell (dgoodell) wrote:
> If you really mean "pre-commit hooks" in the Git sense (local hook
> scripts that run during "git commit" and don't let it succeed if the
> script fails), then I don't think there's a way to have one of those
> installed automatically for someone just by cloning the repository.
> We could stick it in a "contrib" directory and ask developers to
> copy/link the script into their ".git/" directories whenever they
> clone a new repository, but that's far from a robust solution.  You
> could use a "template" (see http://git-scm.com/docs/git-init) to make
> it a little easier, but there will still be a manual step.

FWIW in UNH EXS, I added code to the autogen.sh script which copies the
pre-commit hook script into place (which itself lives in the UNH EXS git
repository).  This isn't foolproof, but means that most users will get
the hook automatically when they first attempt to build a fresh clone.

--
Patrick MacArthur <pmacarth at iol.unh.edu>
Research and Development, High Performance Networking and Storage