[ofiwg] how to react to error log messages

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Mar 24 17:08:55 PDT 2015

I don't think there's any expectation that an app should do anything with the log messages, beyond use them to either debug their app or report an issue.

This sounds like a problem with the sockets provider.  Either it needs to output more information, so that the developer can figure out what is going wrong, or it should suppress the error unless logging is turned on.

In your case, are you seeing a list of fi_info responses?