[ofiwg] post OFI 1.0

Mccormick, Patrick M patrick.m.mccormick at intel.com
Fri May 1 10:17:40 PDT 2015

+1

I think the versioning scheme is not something that should be subject to preference or opinion: people have already figured out a scheme that fits all our needs and conforms with what distros expect.

I think the work here is documenting and implementing how these line up:

package version (ie 1.0.0)
FI API version
Exported symbol versions / .so version (libfabric.map)
(distros also have a release number that corresponds to modifications of the .spec or patches they carry and apply)

Patrick