[ofiwg] strided IOVs

Underwood, Keith D keith.d.underwood at intel.com
Sun Nov 8 06:09:27 PST 2015

Simple strides are a fairly specific use case that apply to dense matrices and regular problems.  I am not denying that those problems exist, but they are a subset.  As I understand it, regular applications are a shrinking fraction of the application domain.

Does any current hardware support strides natively?  If not, maybe we have a little time to work out that interface.