[ofiwg] libfabric dpa provider

Paolo Inaudi p91paul at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:48:19 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Since you are working on libfabric, I figured you might be interested to
know I wrote a libfabric provider for the A3Cube Ronniee
(http://a3cube-inc.com/ronniee-express.html) in-memory network.

The provider has been developed for my Master's thesis at University of
Torino, in Italy, as part of a research collaboration of the university
with A3Cube. The fabric implements an hardware-based distributed shared
memory. Because of that, I easily implemented the RMA data transfer
interface, since it is basically the native operational mode; the fi_msg
interface is also available, using a remote memory region as a buffer.
Atomics and tagged messages are not supported (yet). Code is available
under LGPLv3 here:

https://github.com/p91paul/libfabric-provider-dpa

The provider is named "dpa" after the DPALIB API offered by A3Cube for
their products. I plan to add some documentation over the next week.

Paolo