[ofiwg] homebrew and libfabric

Howard Pritchard hppritcha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 13:25:58 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

If you don't care about os-x stop reading and delete.

For those who do use libfabric in their applications on mac, the
days of having to download/config/install from github are hopefully
over if you use homebrew to install packages on your mac.

Try

brew update
brew info libfabric
brew install libfabric

Special thanks to Sung for working on this.  Unfortunately fabtests
has problems on os-x so that's not yet available via homebrew.

I'm behind an annoying proxy server that won't let me get the
"bottle installation" working.  If someone has homebrew installed
on their mac and is behind a friendly proxy server could you try it out?

Thanks,

Howard