[ofiwg] strided IOVs

Underwood, Keith D keith.d.underwood at intel.com
Thu Oct 29 04:46:30 PDT 2015

Exactly.  However, we should be careful about what we are adding here.  A strided interface is a very specific special case that applies to regular problems.  There is a bready of MPI derived datatype capabilities that are not covered by a simple stride.  What are the objectives for covering datatypes?  Is the IOVEC interface the right place to glue in the first handling of a special case of datatypes?