[ofiwg] FW: Your SC15 BOF Proposal

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Fri Sep 18 08:27:59 PDT 2015

Greetings - This note applies to both OFI WG and DS/DA.  As you may know, two SC15 BoF proposals were submitted, essentially one from each sub group.  Both BoFs were accepted, but with the proviso that they be merged into a single BoF.  Personally, I think there is enough distinction between the two to warrant separate BoFs, but I can easily see the logic of the reviewers in requesting that they be merged.  I'm very pleased that we'll have the opportunity at SC15 to continue building the OFI community.  For what it's worth, the reviewer comments seemed unusually enthusiastic.

I've attached the two proposals for your reference in .htm format, but skeptical that they will actually come across through the mailing list.  Please let me know if you can't read these and I'll find another way to get it to you.

No action required at this time, except to say that if you are planning to be in Austin in November, please let me know and plan to participate as a BoF session leader.

Regards,
-Paul