[ofiwg] [libfabric-users] sockets provider, number of outstanding reads

Jose, Jithin jithin.jose at intel.com
Wed Feb 10 12:02:39 PST 2016

>Maybe fabtests could provide very simple implementations for a couple of the MPI calls that would be helpful in implementing these tests -- such as barrier.  The implementation could just be over sockets.

Yeah, I think these will be useful in general. Thinking (again) if these should be implemented over sockets, or using OFI. I think both have +/-.

I think this reproducer test can be implemented without the MPI_* calls. It has some synchronization calls, but it can reuse some of the synchronization schemes available in fabtests.