[ofiwg] sockets fabtests failure in testing for 1.4.0 release

Ilango, Arun arun.ilango at intel.com
Fri Oct 28 13:59:03 PDT 2016

Running fabtests 1.4 against libfabric 1.4 for verbs between two nodes is fine (except for expected failures).

1. Running fabtests on loopback address shows rdm tests failing.
2. Testing forward compatibility of fabtests 1.3 against libfabric 1.4 shows some failures:

fi_poll: -FI_ENOSYS
fi_rdm_rma -o writedata: -FI_ENOSYS.

#2 seems like a test issue rather than provider issue. It's probably something to do with handling the return code from the test. These tests are marked as NOTRUN in fabtests 1.4 against libfabric 1.4

Since it's too late to fix #1 and it is not critical, we should go ahead and do the release and fix the issue later.

Thanks,
Arun.