[ofiwg] DS/DA Agenda for tomorrow, 2/7/17

Paul Grun grun at cray.com
Mon Feb 6 14:19:23 PST 2017

Greetings - There was a lively discussion at the last meeting built around options for adapting LNET to kfabric.  In the course of the discussion, several interesting points were raised:

  *   Areas for augmenting the existing kfabric proposal:
     *   CPU/NUMA affinity
     *   Improved/simplified memory management
     *   Automatic connection establishment
  *   Whether kfabric, as currently proposed, is at the right level of abstraction for Lustre.
     *   Current kfabric proposal closely mimics libfabric, which has complex requirements given its intended usage model.
     *   Should the existing proposal be augmented with vastly simplified get/put semantics to more closely mimic the needs of I/O?
The minutes from the last meeting are attached.

Agenda for tomorrow is to discuss these ideas.  Do we need to put kfabric through a new round of requirements gathering?

Regards,
-Paul

Advanced Technology Group
Cray, Inc.