[ofiwg] sharing code between libfabric and fabtests

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Aug 27 10:36:09 PDT 2018

> I honestly don’t know why any project would separate the test bucket
> from the implementation except strictly at the git repo level i.e.

This is what we have today, so I'm not following you.

> test bucket repo is assumed to be git submodule in implementation
> repo.

The main reason I have these separate is that it ends up being convenient for testing that libfabric changes do not break backward compatibility.  Older fabtests can easily build and run against any libfabric version.

The rdma-core libraries do not have this separation, and it's a pain trying to test this.

Maybe keeping separate build systems would be sufficient, with fabtests building with the installed libfabric headers, rather than the git tree headers?

- Sean

Btw, for those who are seeing this problem, we're working on the OFA spam issue.