[ofiwg] including NetworkDirect headers in libfabric project

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Mar 27 17:26:18 PDT 2018

This is based on issue:

https://github.com/ofiwg/libfabric/issues/3936

As a first step, we need to answer whether we want to add the NetworkDirect headers to the libfabric project. The files only include the following header:

/*++

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Module Name:

    ndspi.h

Abstract:

    NetworkDirect Service Provider Interfaces

Environment:

    User mode

--*/

I couldn't easily locate more information regarding limitations on the use of the headers.

The main reason for including the files is to make it easier to build the ND provider on windows.  Currently, a user must install them manually (there's a README file in the source tree that describes where to obtain them and how to install them).

Along these lines, we don't currently provide an installation package for Windows.  We can look at adding a process to create an installation package.  Creating a usable binary package would require having access to the ND headers.

Does anyone have any opinion or objections to adding the ND headers to the git tree?