[ofiwg] [libfabric-users] RDM send fails

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Nov 29 08:59:06 PST 2018

> Thanks Sean. Couldn't the connection be established already when
> inserting the remote address to the AV? From the API it looks like an
> event can be generated once the insertion completes. In case of rxm
> this could be when the connection is established.

I thought about this, but the addresses can be inserted prior to the AV being bound to any EP, plus the AV can be bound to multiple EPs.  So there may be more than one connection per peer address that gets established, and we may not know the source address to use for the connection.

There are some options here, but we'd likely need to add a flag as part of AV insertion to force the connection setup to complete, plus require that the AV be bound to all EPs prior to the insert being called.  Neither of these are hard, but apps would need to adjust for this case.