[ofiwg] [libfabric-users] intel mpi with libfabric

Mohammed Shaheen m_shaheen1984 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 03:33:49 PST 2018

 Hi,
Now I am trying to use Intel MPI U1 with the libfabric that comes along with it. I get the following errorlce62:~ # mpirun -np 8 -perhost 4 --hostfile hosts ./test.e
Hello world from process 6 of 8
Hello world from process 4 of 8
Hello world from process 7 of 8
Hello world from process 5 of 8
Hello world from process 0 of 8
Hello world from process 1 of 8
Hello world from process 2 of 8
Hello world from process 3 of 8
Abort(809595151) on node 4 (rank 4 in comm 0): Fatal error in PMPI_Finalize: Other MPI error, error stack:
PMPI_Finalize(356).............: MPI_Finalize failed
PMPI_Finalize(266).............:
MPID_Finalize(959).............:
MPIDI_NM_mpi_init_hook(1299)...:
MPIR_Reduce_intra_binomial(157):
MPIC_Send(149).................:
MPID_Send(256).................:
MPIDI_OFI_send_normal(429).....:
MPIDI_OFI_send_handler(733)....: OFI tagged send failed (ofi_impl.h:733:MPIDI_OFI_send_handler:Invalid argument)
[cli_4]: readline failed

However, when I set I_MPI_DEBUG to anything, the error disappears and it works successfully. Any thoughts?
RegardsMohammed Shaheen

    Am Montag, 26. November 2018, 18:10:58 MEZ hat Hefty, Sean <sean.hefty at intel.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

 > I have tried with the development version from the master branch. I
> get the following errors while building the library (make)
> prov/verbs/src/verbs_ep.c: In function
> 'fi_ibv_msg_xrc_ep_atomic_write':
> prov/verbs/src/verbs_ep.c:1770: error: unknown field 'qp_type'
> specified in initializer

These errors are coming from having an older verbs.h file.  The qp_type field was added as part of XRC support, about 5 years ago.  I think this maps to v13.

> prov/verbs/src/verbs_ep.c:1770: error: unknown field 'qp_type'
> specified in initializer

This is the same error, which suggests that it is still picking up an old verbs.h file.  Maybe Mellanox ships a different verbs.h file that what's upstream, but I doubt it would remove fields.