[ofiwg] Proposal for enhancement to support additional Persistent Memory use cases (ofiwg/libfabric#5874)

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Fri May 1 08:34:49 PDT 2020

> Is this team aware of what the IBTA is doing with PME or does it not matter since it is
> libfabrics?

Yes, several of us are aware.

However, libfabric is not tied to InfiniBand or restricted to the IBTA or IETF defined implementations.  The API is driven from the application desired semantics down, not a specific NIC implementation up.

That said, I do expect that there will a reasonable mapping from the libfabric semantics to those provided by IBTA/IETF semantics.