[ofiwg] Trying to understand how to use the auth_key field.

Heinz, Michael William michael.william.heinz at cornelisnetworks.com
Thu Jun 17 05:56:07 PDT 2021

Hey,

I've been trying to figure out the best way to manage job/auth keys in a libfabric provider. PSM2 appears to require the key to be passed in as an environment variable - but will override that value if one is provided in the domain or fabric auth_key fields. (I think?)

That said, I'm not sure how those fields are supposed to be generated. Reviewing other providers, it looks like it's possible for a provider to generate the auth_key but I don't see how that would be globally unique across the fabric and the only provider that seems to do this is gni.

Is there something I'm missing? I know OMPI passes in something that can be used as an auth_key but I'd like to be able to support more than just OMPI.

---
Michael Heinz
Fabric Software Engineer, Cornelis Networks