[ofiwg] replacing travis CI

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 10:58:19 PDT 2021

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 11:06 AM Jason Gunthorpe <jgg at ziepe.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 04:44:29AM +0000, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>
> > > We pay a small nomial Azure fee to host a private container registry
> > > and the CI runs its images out of this.
> >
> > I'll look into Azure.  Who is 'we' in the we pay?  OFA?
>
> We share the Azure tenant and billing with the UCF
>
> > OFA is supposed to have it's own testing cluster.  It would be nice
> > if that could run this sort of CI.
>
> IMHO the managed services are a lot better than trying to run your own
> hosted stuff with no staff...

The FSDP has staff ;-)

The goal for the FSDP is to be able to do all of this and to be able
to test directly on bare metal.  I know we talked about this in the
past, but you have to use Azure as the control service and feed it
back to azure runners on local machines in order to get the bare metal
testing you want, yes?  Something like that could be done at the FSDP
too, but we haven't prioritized that.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD