[ofiwg] Plan for Libfabric 1.15.0 release?

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Feb 28 13:36:39 PST 2022

> > Of course.  The last discussed targets were for 3 main releases per
> > year.  So, 1.15 should hit sometime in March.  We have flexibility if
> > an earlier release is desired.
>
> Or you can be Cray and just make a 1.15 whenever you want!
>

> (seriously I don't know if libfabric-1.15.0.0-SSHOT_20220131154616_bfa07fd50.x86_64 is
> 1.14 plus modifications, libfabric-main plus some modifications or some third mashup)

I have no idea what this is.  It's obviously not based on a community release for 1.15.  I'm guessing the 20220131 is the date of the snapshot, maybe, plus bfa07fd50 as some local commit number.

IMO, it would have been better for them to start with a public tag as the base release number, with mods from there, even if the mods included all changes to main.  Picking a future tag is asking for confusion.