[ofiwg] agenda for ofiwg on Feb. 7

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Feb 7 10:05:25 PST 2023

Updated slides from today's discussion.

Significant notes:

- Will keep scalable endpoints as an option
- Believe these 3 threading models may be sufficient:

FI_THREAD_SAFE
FI_THREAD_DOMAIN - most useful for standard endpoint use
FI_THREAD_COMPLETION - needed for scalable endpoints to be useful

Queued topic for next time to focus on whether simplifications can be made to completion reporting.

- Sean