[Ofvwg] OpenFabrics Verbs Working Group Initial Meeting Minutes

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Tue Feb 10 12:28:03 PST 2015

>Woody asked about extensions to verbs that might work on specific technologies. Liran answered that that motivation is to >support all RDMA technologies.

Specifically, my suggestion was that if at all possible, verbs extensions should be implemented so that they can run
over all underlying fabric technologies, InfiniBand, Roce, and iWarp so that ULP developers can implement
one piece of S/W that runs over all vendor's H/W.

And if an extension is not totally generic, there needs to be an easy way for developer's to determine if the extension
is Transport specific (i.e., only works on InfiniBand and not iWarp or Roce), or vendor specific (i.e., only works on one vendor's
proprietary H/W.)

This would help make developer's lives easier.

My 2 cents,

Woody