[Ofvwg] [ANNOUNCE] Open Fabrics Verbs Working Group (OFVWG) meeting tomorrow - 9/13/2016 at 11:00PDT

Christoph Hellwig hch at infradead.org
Fri Sep 16 02:12:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 07:19:31AM +0000, Weiny, Ira wrote:
> I think we should have this but to Christophs point if you have something like this why not just have a separate cdev?

Yes, please.  It's not relate to the verbs interface in any way, so
don't shoer horn it into the verbs interface - that's just going to
create problems for both the verbs interface and psm.

> Christoph, do you think the addition of the PSM interface to infiniband/core is a pollution of that ABI?  I made a similar argument that from a user side opening /dev/infiniband/uverbsX and then doing PSM on that FD was "unclean".   Jason however, brought up some good points on why we may want to do that.

It's not infiniband infiniband core code, so it should not go there.  If
you think there is a reasonable chance of more PSM drivers we can have a
drivers/psm for it, otherwise leave it in the driver.