[Openib-windows] Plain text and HTML mail format

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Fri Aug 12 08:52:35 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

In the last week or so, someone has sent a mail saying that there is some
problem with "html mails" and the conclusion was that we should start using
"plain text".

I'm not saying that "html" is a perfect format, but most people do find it
useful. There are probably many other formats that might be used (for
example rtf).

I believe that if we want to use a different format than html, this should
be fine, but the new format should support at least the following
capabilities;

1)     Enable different fonts.
2)     Enable different colors.
3)     Enable inserting of tables.
4)     Enable inserting of graphs.
5)     Enable "auto numbering"
6)     Allow more languages. I'm not saying that the format should support
any language in the world, but the minimum is to support any language that
at least 1,000,000,000 people speak and write (for example Chinese and
Arabic). Of course other people might suggest other bars here.
7)     Allow writing in both directions (did I mention Arabic ?).

If anyone else has more requirements than please answer this mail, and the
entire openib-windows can choose the new format.

Comments please (Currently at all formats).