[Openib-windows] IPoIB Interface doesn't come up

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Aug 17 10:11:53 PDT 2005

That can happen if there are issues with multicast registration.  If you run
with the debug version of the driver, you should be able to see debug output for
any errors (sent to the kernel debugger).

> I can see in the SM that the host was assign a LID ( also verified this with
> vstat ).
>
> Is there any configuration needed for the IPoIB to become active ?
>
> I was using two different SM:
> 1. Voltaire embedded SM
> 2. OpenSM for Linux.

Can you check on the SMs to see if any of the Windows nodes managed to join the
IPoIB broadcast group?