[Openib-windows] RE: Anything new about the IPOIB arp check-in?

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Dec 7 15:51:31 PST 2005

Hi Tzachi,

I just committed a small change that filters out adapters from the local IP list
results if the adapter's packet filter is zero.  That is, only IP addresses for
adapters whose packet filter is non-zero are returned.

I had to do this because the usermode network interface event fires before the
adapter is actually disabled, but after NDIS sets the packet filter to zero
(effectively disabling receives).  This allows me use the IBAT functionality for
IP addresses in WSD.

Hopefully this won't have negative ramifications on your usage.

Note that I found that if the last IPoIB instance is disabled while the IBAT
device is open, the unload handler for IPoIB isn't called even if that device
handle is closed.  I will be following up with Microsoft on this, but there
doesn't appear to be a bug in our code.