[Openib-windows] Assert on ib_cm_rtu in the file Al_cm_qp.c

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Dec 8 08:25:09 PST 2005

Hi fab,

while testing some stress tests on my computer I have reached the
following assert:
CL_ASSERT( cid == h_cm_rep.cid );

(near line 1514).

The problem was that cid was 0xffffffff and not what expected
(h_cm_rep.cid ).

I have made some tests with the debugger and came to conclousion that
there is a timeout mechanism that changes this value to -1. I also
believe that this happens in the function __proc_conn_timeout().

As a result, I believe that the correct assert should be

CL_ASSERT( cid == h_cm_rep.cid || cid==AL_INVALID_CID);

What do you think?