[Openib-windows] RE: Technical content of Sonoma Workshop Feb 5-8

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Dec 28 10:09:48 PST 2005

Bill Boas wrote,

>Woody,

>It'll be a longshot for the Pats to get to theSuperbowl this year, I
>think. But I hope!
I have not watched too much football this year, but I did see
the Pats play the other day, and they still look pretty darn good,
so I would not count them out yet.

>Your list is a great start, but isn't each item you mention in the
>context of Release 1.0?

I was thinking more about what is coming in the future (for 2.0)
for things like the core, opensm, RDMA support etc.

>From the Labs and Wall Street perspectives, the preference is to"tie
>a ribbon around" Rel 1.0 (both Windows and Linux) as soon as we can,
>and go to the next stage of the evolution of the stack.

I agree.

>So that means making the definition of the content of Rel 2.0 the
>main technical focus of the workshop.

Agreed. Let's focus on what needs to be done going forward and
not too much on what has been done, other than what, if anything, needs to
be
finished up for a release 1.0.

>OpenIB PathForward Phase 2, iWARP integration, QOS, improved OpenSM,
>and more ......

woody