[Openib-windows] RE: IBDM and IBMgtSim Proposal Comments

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 7 13:14:28 PDT 2005

The point is that it is better to write user level code that is not
"performance critical" in a way that is not tailored to the actual
driver/Access layer. I think OpenSM vendor layer was proven to be adequate
for this purpose.

It should be much simpler to port the existing tools on top of the
osm_vendor_api.h rather then porting them to IBAL api.

EZ

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director
Mellanox Technologies LTD