[Openib-windows] RE: [openib-general] IBDM and IBMgtSim Proposal Comments

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Thu Jul 7 14:09:11 PDT 2005

specific layer is that it is also present in Windows ?
or does it have some other advantage over the umad layer (from Hal's
response seems like umad has better layering/functionality) ?

If that is the case than you can also suggest to replace the OpenIB
verbs layer or CM, etc' with the IBAL one because its present in Windows

I believe if we want to do a major change in the management
infrastructure that is live and kicking (can probably improve like
always)
We need a much better reason than "its done this way in Windows"

Yaron