[Openib-windows] RE: IBDM and IBMgtSim Proposal Comments

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Jul 7 14:49:30 PDT 2005

All the applications will be affected by being ported from Linux to Windows, not
to mention changes in the umad interface necessary to make it work on Windows.
It has the benefits that the tools interface to the lowest API available to
them.  If interfacing at the lowest layer isn't important, the choice is between
porting the diags to OSMV or porting umad to Windows.  I don't know which is
easier, and it probably doesn't matter.  What matters is which gets done first.

However, it doesn't sound that an effort from Eitan to port the diagnostics to
OSMV would be accepted into the Linux SVN repository simply on the basis that it
isn't umad.  What gives?