[Openib-windows] [RFC] changing kernel complib to be static library

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Jul 12 14:01:02 PDT 2005

Right now, memory leaks are displayed when the driver unloads.  Currently, this
means when complib gets unloaded.  With the patch, memory would be displayed
when each driver gets unloaded, and only include memory from that driver.

It is still possible to have a debugger extension list this with the systems
running, but I haven't put one together.  It's only slightly more difficult to
do this with the tracker duplicated in multiple drivers, but certainly
manageable.

> I'm assuming that this would allow a mix of debug/free build components.
> Correct?

Yes, that's correct, though user-mode already supports a mix, so this only fixes
the kernel components.