[Openib-windows] IB Diagnositic Tools

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jun 25 12:25:20 PDT 2005

Hi Fabian, Hal,

Following the discussion about the debug tools, I would like to propose
using OpenSM Vendor layer as a common layer for developing the debug tools.
Since this layer is already available on both Windows and Linux stacks it
could allow us to have the same code tree for both.

Also I would like to propose developing an enhanced functionality for some
of the tools.
Especially adding the concept of reporting using "system names" rather then
GUIDs and LIDs.
The discovery tool would also be enhanced to perform some basic health
checks for the fabric.

As we (Mellanox) already have a "MADs" and "Topology" manipulations layers
implemented we plan to open them in the OpenIB repository as well as develop
the enhanced debug capability in OpenIB.

If there is an interest in these tools we can provide an open version of
those in week or two.

Eitan

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director