[Openib-windows] RMPP transfer with 0 attributes divide by zero patch

Guy Corem guyc at voltaire.com
Sun Nov 13 01:41:44 PST 2005

Hi Fab and all,

This is my first post, so let me introduce myself:

My name is Guy Corem, and I'm a Windows kernel developer, working for
Voltaire.

Currently I'm working on interoperability issues between the Windows
Open IB stack and Voltaire Switch.

We've found two issues in Voltaire Switch FW, and corrected them.

Please check the attached patch; I believe that this time the issue
should be resolved in the host software.

That's what our Switch guy has to say about it:

Following the issue of AttributeOffset = 0 when no records are returned
I have found the WG decision from April 21, 2005 which supports current
Voltaire SM implementation.

4.3 RefID 4162 SA AttributeOffset with 0 records

At end of first paragraph, "If 0 attributes are returned on an RMPP
transfer, shall be 0."

WG_APPROVED

Thanks,

Guy Corem