[Openib-windows] OpenIB Binaries

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Oct 11 13:54:17 PDT 2005

Folks,

I would like to start creating binaries off of the SVN repository on a somewhat
ongoing basis.  I am not looking to build every revision of the repository, but
rather spaced in such a way that users don't have to spend all their time
updating drivers.

I'd like to hear from all the maintainers of the different components that are
in SVN as to whether there are any objections to their component being built, or
comments.  This means, as far as I can tell:

Yael or Eitan for OpenSM
Yossi or Leonid for the HCA driver

Did I miss someone?

Anyhow, the builds would be branded as OpenIB binaires, and not any particular
IB company, and would be available on the windows.openib.org web server.  I also
want to setup a symbol store on that server to make debugging simpler for
everyone involved - this will make it far easier to share crash-dump files.

Initially, there won't be an MSI package for these binaires available, and
members will have to repackage the binaries as appropriate.  I am hoping to add
MSI packages of the different components and welcome feedback for how to
generate these.  I'm thinking one MSI for the core components, IBAL and HCA
driver, another for IPoIB and WSD, another for SRP, and finally one for OpenSM.

Comments?