[Openib-windows] Windows DMA model

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Oct 18 15:42:16 PDT 2005

For MAD traffic and user-mode, that's exactly what I'm saying.  For IPoIB and
SRP, correct mappings and cache coherency is provided by the respective port
drivers.

Do any x86 or x64 systems need software help in this regard?  Do Itanium systems
(I assume they do, but don't know)?

> I aksed Microsoft about just calling MmGetPhysicalAddress for DMA and
> they responded:

You pasted the wrong response.