[Openib-windows] Branding

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at mellanox.co.il
Wed Oct 19 02:11:31 PDT 2005

As I recall we agreed on COPMANY_NAME environment variable that by default
will change to be "OpenIB".
(I also sent you patch that do that for wsd installer.)
After we agreed that each company will need to maintain its own inf files,
why not to let each company that would like supply binaries to give it own
version,company name and product name.

 This affected any component that used to
> include ics_ver.h, which has been renamed oib_ver.h and picks
> up the SVN revision through the VER_OPENIB environment
> variable (which must be set or build will fail).

Why not to let companies to decide on their version calling mechanism and
keep default to the OpenIB.
I would prefer to see 4 numbers with environment variables, 3 numbers are
the release number (i.e. 1.2.0 ) and the last one is the SVN number

10x
Yossi