[Openib-windows] [ANNOUNCE] Release 1.0.0.127

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Oct 26 23:38:41 PDT 2005

Hi Mirko,

> when installing on XP-64 I had to rename some dlls from xxxd32.dll to
> xxx32d.dll to get it installed.
> Maybe the .inf should be modified.

Chalk this up to operator error - I manually renamed these files to accelerate
their availability to the public and botched it, apparently.  I've fixed them
now.  Thanks for reporting this issue!

> Tested IPoIB and SRP - works well.

Great!  You're the first that I know of that has tested on XP-64.  I had only
heard that it supported storport miniport drivers and am happy that it appears
to.  What kind of target did you test SRP against?

> Can this snapshot be regarded as production ready? Is there a roadmap
> for future developments?

This snapshot shouldn't be regarded as production ready, but should be viewed as
a fairly advanced beta.  The code should be stable in normal use, but all the
kinks are likely not worked out yet.

There are goals for where we are going, but the timeline is uncertain as it
depends on involvement from the various IB companies as well as testing.  Please
do report any issues you see, and if you are prompted to send in an error report
through the Windows Error Reporting facility, please do so.

Also, if there are features that you would like to see that aren't there or
don't appear to be working properly, let us know.