[Openib-windows] Errors handeling on Winsock direct

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Oct 27 09:01:29 PDT 2005

Hi Fab,

While searching for errors on windows direct, we have found out that error
handling of ib_poll_cq is not done correctly.
This is done on the function: ib_cq_comp().

As you can see, this function after calling ib_poll_cq() has a case
statement that only handles the case of IB_INVALID_CQ_HANDLE. Beside
printing it doesn't handle any other errors.
As a meter of fact the problem is harder, since the function ib_cq_comp
doesn't have a way to return an error. Please note that returning 0 is not
enough because 0 is a legal option if nothing was found. As a result, there
is a need to change all the callers of this function, so that the error will
be propagated to there caller.

This also brings a new issue: Error printing in release: I believe that we
should change our printing method so that it will also be possible to print
in release mode. Otherwise, if a test is failing there is no way to know
where the failure is.