[Openib-windows] RE: "blue screen" on IP over IB code

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Sep 6 11:26:50 PDT 2005

What revision are you running?  The svc_context in the current source is cast to
an ats_reg_t structure, which itself has a pointer to the owning adapter object.

> This is probably a mistake since the type of the p_reg_svc_rec is dapl.
> (service name = unsigned char [64] "DAPL Address Translation Service")

IPoIB performs all ATS registrations for assigned IP addresses.  The service
name for ATS is defined by the ATS spec as "DAPL Address Translation Service".
There was discussion in the DAT collaborative about removing the "DAPL" from the
name, but that would have broken backward compatibility so it was left.

Assuming you aren't using the latest source, update and let me know if you see
it again.