[Openib-windows] A bug in ib_cm_listen?

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Sep 12 00:52:12 PDT 2005

Hi Fab,

While running some tests with SDP I have reached a problem in the
destruction of objects.

I think I know where the problem is, can you please verify this and check
the fix in?

Here is the problem:
When calling ib_cm_listen() twice with the same parameters, the second one
fails (which is what we expect), however there is an assertion in this
process. The assertion points to the fact that an object is being destroyed
twice.

You can reproduce this behavior very easily.

More information:
The code in ib_cm_listen() calls __cep_listen().__cep_listen calls
al_cep_listen (line 1962). Since the status represents a failure,
p_listen->obj.pfn_destroy( &p_listen->obj, NULL ); is being called. From
what I saw in other places it seems that before this call ref_al_obj(
&p_listen->obj ); should also be called (this is probably the place that the
bug is).

Can you also please explain why sometimes the reference is being taken
before the destroy and sometimes not?