[Openib-windows] tools support

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 13 02:58:09 PDT 2005

Hi Fab,
We are going to add support for a number of utilities, managing HCA cards.
In the first place it's 'flint', which downloads FW into the card.
There are 2 ways of doing that: via gateway in PCI config space of the HCA
cards,
which is supported by the driver, but is slow, and by direct writing into
CR space of the card after mapping it to the address space of the process.
The latter way is not suppported now and i'm going to implement it by adding
a new vendor call of subtype MAP_CRSPACE (0x0a), which will perform the
mapping and return a virtual address to the application.
What do you think about it ?

Another requirement - support of "live fishes" (flash burner devices).
Any our device can be jumpered to work without CR-space in case when it has
an invalid (or doesn't have at all) FW on it. In that case it has device_id
greater by one than its original one (e.g. 23109 - for Tavor).
The burning is performed by configuration cycles.
How would you suggest to add support for those devices ?

Thank you in advance.

Leonid