[Openib-windows] how to install windows openib drivers?

Erez Cohen erezc at mellanox.co.il
Sat Apr 1 22:30:56 PST 2006

Fab,

You almost got it right:

>Correct - Tavor is the PCI-X HCA chip from Mellanox, found on the
>MT23108 HCAs.  Arbel is the PCI-Express HCA chip, for HCAs with memory,
found on the MT23208.  Someone form Mellanox
>will hopefully correct me if I've bungled this up.

Tavor is the MT23108 chipset (PCI-X), Arbel is a PCIe chipset which
comes in two flavors:
MT25208 - Arbel in Tavor mode (fully compatible with MT23108, has local
attached memory connected to the chipset).
MT25218 - Work without local attached memory (mem free), from SW
perspective looks different from Tavor mode therefore requires modified
driver.

Best regards,

Erez Cohen
Field Application and Support Engineer