[Openib-windows] Starting and stopping opensm in a loop

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Wed Apr 26 11:55:19 PDT 2006

Hi Fab,

While running with the new mthca driver and the latest version of IPOIB
we constantly receive errors in IPOIB, and some times it stops working.
At least some of the problems are related to mthca, but we are afraid
that not all of them. I'm not writing the exact locations, as there are
more than one. We want to ask you to try and run the following test (on
the old driver) in order to see if you see the same problems:

Here is the scenario:
1) Have two machines connected back to back.
2) run a script that constantly kills open sm and restarts it every 3
seconds.
for example, use the script
E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>type testsm.cmd
:start
start opensm
q:\unixtools\sleep 3
kill opensm
q:\unixtools\sleep 1
goto start

3) run some test that will create a heavy load on the chain. (one tcp
connection should do).

Please let us know what you find.