[Openib-windows] MTHCA incompatibilities with SRP driver

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Mon Aug 7 16:45:20 PDT 2006

Hi Leo,

On 8/6/06, Leonid Keller <leonid at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Why doesn't SRP register all physical memory as IPoIB does ?

IPoIB users a per-receive allocation.  I suppose we could do an
allocation for each receive buffer in SRP too, but right now the code
does it in a single allocation and expects the HCA driver to handle
the registration.

We could change the SRP driver, but why not fix the HCA driver?  Is
the plan to not support virtual registration in the kernel?  If so,
why?  In any case, code changes are needed one way or another.  Since
the virtual registration entrypoint has been available to kernel
users, let's make that functionality work again.  We can look at
eliminating it in the next generation.