[Openib-windows] [ANNOUNCE] Build 1.0.0.459 posted

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Aug 24 11:17:45 PDT 2006

Hi Mirko,

On 8/24/06, Mirko Benz <mirko.benz at xiranet.com> wrote:
> Hi Fab,
>
> We have tested the new mthca driver + SRP initiator with our target with
> an initiator with a PCI-X HCA.
> So far it works good and is stable.

Great!

> Could you provide an update regarding GA plans for the IB stack components?

GA at the moment is defined by each individual vendor shipping OpenIB
binaries.  There is no OFED-like process in place for Windows yet.

I personally feel that the core, IPoIB, and WSD are ready for broad
use.  We are close to achieving WHQL certification, working through
some issues in WSD that don't seem to be in the OpenIB code.

The SRP miniport hasn't gone through the HCT tests, so I still
consider it beta-level.

Hopefully that helps.