[Openib-windows] [openib-general] File transfer performance options

Cain, Brian (GE Healthcare) Brian.Cain at ge.com
Wed Aug 30 12:36:51 PDT 2006

I can report streaming write results (using SRP, not NFS/IPoIB) of
around 380MiB/s.  Right now we think that there's a disk or controller
bottleneck on the SRP target that's keeping us from getting up near
450-500 MiB/s or so.  Both the initiator and target are linux-based.  I
think I heard of someone here using a Windows initiator and getting
streaming write results similar to the 380MiB/s we're getting now.  I
guess there's quite a few differences in the scenarios we're describing,
so it's pretty far from apples to apples.  OBTW, in my experience,
ext[23] seriously hamper performance.  Try XFS or ReiserFS.  The numbers
above are all for XFS-formatted partitions.

Maybe you should make the test notes a little more detailed.  Doesn't
NFS have a bunch of performance knobs (TCP vs UDP, block sizes, etc)?

-Brian