[Openib-windows] SRP tuning

Yossi Leybovich sleybo at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Dec 5 14:22:17 PST 2006

DDK state
"...
If the port driver sets a value for this member, the miniport driver can
adjust the value lower but no higher. If this member is
SP_UNINITIALIZED_VALUE, the miniport driver must reset this member according
to the HBA's scatter/gather capacity, with zero representing no
scatter/gather support.
..."

SO I don't think we can return larger s/g list size.

> > But even if I return 16/17 as my supported
> NumberOfPhysicalBreaks it
> > keep post IOs with 8 s/g list size (32K) [when I set it to
> 4 ,storPort
> > send IOs with 4 s/g , So the value did effect when I reduce it]
> >
> > Any idea why ?
>
> What are you using to generate the I/O traffic?   Are you sure it's
> issuing larger than 32K I/O sizes?  I've used iometer before
> with good results.

I use Iometer as well , and test it with 64K -256K msg size.
Did you saw StorPort using SRB with 64K IO data?