[Openib-windows] Windows DMA model

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Mon Jan 23 15:56:58 PST 2006

Calls like MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache let you specify cache behavior, so I
would expect the OS to be able to handle runtime cache behavior specification.

> It's not just a matter of dreaming up any API that we want, it's a
> matter of defining API's which are implementable on current, recent
> past, and future processors based on underlying hardware constraints.

I totally agree.  From my queries into Microsoft, they are aware of the
deficiencies of the current DMA APIs for RDMA and similar hardware, and are
working on a solution.  I don't know more than that, however.