[Openib-windows] Interoperability of the current stack and the Linux 1.8.X stack

Fabian Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Mon Jul 10 08:54:48 PDT 2006

Hi Erez,

On 7/10/06, Erez Cohen <erezc at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Hi Fab,
>
> I think all gen1 and probably early gen2 had this issues. Since it was
> released some time ago there is no much we can do to modify/fix these
> releases. I'm not sure about other SMs.
> The reason people are still using this releases is the OS support and
> stability. New releases do not support "old" OS and kernels.
>
> Since this fix is not active by default and requires activation via a
> registry key I think it is not that risky and will allow users to work
> with the Windows stack alongside Linux stack.

I guess that's fine.  I would have rather seen a patch update to
OpenSM on the older releases, but I guess this makes sense.  We should
figure out what our backward compatibility policy is going to be, so
that we can remove code like this when it makes sense to.

Anyhow, Tzachi please apply with the minor formatting change I emailed
you about.