[Openib-windows] A problem in ib_close_al

Leonid Keller leonid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jul 10 11:35:54 PDT 2006

Hi Fab,
Our regression uses to run opensm and then kill it at some moment.
Sometimes opensm enters "zombi" state and there is no way to kill it.
I've investigated that and found that it is stuck on infinite loop in
sync_destroy_obj while destroying opensm's instance of AL.
I saw ref_cnt = 13 and mad_list of AL object contained 13 records.
I think, the problem is in that, that mad_list is freed in free_al()
which can't be called before ref_cnt = 0, which can become such only
after calling free_al().
I've prepared a patch which calls __free_mads() from AL destroying
function.
What do you think ?

Leo